Friday, January 25, 2008

Great Day in the Morning!

You've just got to love a day that starts well before the crack of dawn. While earlier this week I was rolling back over to my left shoulder and pulling the covers up closer to my chin at such an hour, digging in for the home stretch of my slumber, today I was in the gym. I was Isaac the bartender, concocting my own good health, good mood cocktail. It was 1 part abs, 2 parts cardio, and a heavy dose of weightlifting and a splash of stretching. I chased it down with a 1/4 mile in the pool.

When I got home, Good Morning America still had an hour to go and I had already sucked down an Acai Charger with protein from Jamba Juice. Once in the door, I continued the assault on my voracious appetite with a very big bowl of oatmeal. Okay, I have a confession to make. I hadn't intended to make or eat so much oatmeal. Truth is, I was too lazy and too hungry to wash my usual oatmeal pot (still in the sink from yesterday) so I had to use the next size up (aka, my spaghetti pot).

I picked a great day to work from home. The weather has been downright nasty all day. As the streetlights illuminate the sheets of rain that are slamming down on the pavement beneath my window, I am extra thankful that I'm not creeping my way through rush-hour traffic right now. I actually got some things done too. Yesterday was a particularly frustrating day at the office, in which vast amounts of (yeah, you guessed it) time were wasted. Surely that's what provoked yesterday's nonsense. What can I say? My left brain was dying to be heard after all the right brain frustration of the work day.

What does the evening have in store? Who knows? I know that my stomach is talking to me again. It's probably got something to do with all the push-ups I've done today to break up the monotony. I do 25 about ever 30-45 minutes, to make sure I rest my brain and allow my eyes to leave this computer screen with some regularity. Some people surf the internet, I do push-ups. I've still got some of the leftover tortilla soup that I made the other night, so that'll probably be the main course once again.

I might even get to the Netflix selection (Shooter) that I've been holding onto for the past 45 days. It's a rainy Friday in the Bay Area and I'm sitting at home. There are certainly worse things that I could be doing. I won't complain. That's all for me, sports fans. Thank you for coming out...goodnight.

No comments: