Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm so tired that I can't even think. My flight was delayed over an hour and now it's pushing midnight. It's much cooler here than in Phoenix. When the shuttle driver finally came, I got in and plopped down on the last seat in complete exhaustion. I didn't even think to look for my car keys until he had stopped in front of my car. Wouldn't that have been something if in all of my sleepwalking through the workday and the haze of traveling that I had misplaced my keys. I don't know if I've got enough goodwill built up with any of my friends for them to take kindly to a phone call at this hour asking them to come get me. Well, maybe I am being too hard on myself. Somebody would've scooped me up. They wouldn't have been too happy and probably wouldn't have been there lickety-split, but they would've got me. You know how friends are. One thing's for sure though, I would hear about it for quite awhile.

I was knocked out on that flight. I did manage to avoid that inevitable crick in the neck that has been following me around from flight to flight. Now I can't sleep. The cold air must've bought me another hour of awareness. Not real awareness. Not the kind that allows me to make any clever observations or analysis, but just awake. I close my eyes and my mind is still wondering from random thought to random thought. I'm trying to go over my schedule for tomorrow as if there is an Excel spreadsheet in my head, but I'm having trouble populating the boxes. That's probably why I can't go to sleep. It's like a puzzle that I can't solve. Now I'm relating these mental shortcomings to technical problems at work. My product couldn't properly locate and load the video data from the server even though I created a path for it to do so. My brain couldn't locate any useful information to put in these blank spreadsheet boxes. Clearly, I am a little too tuned in to work stuff right now. What happened to the guy that could leave that stuff in the parking lot, and not even look at it in the rear view mirror? Who knows. He'll be back.

I guess I'll flip the TV on and stare at it for a minute. I guess I should take off this jacket and my shoes now. (Yes, i'm really sitting here like this on the couch). I can't wait to saw some logs and call some hogs...

No comments: