Friday, February 22, 2008

Finally Friday

It is at the end of a long week like this that I absolutely relish the thought of sitting in my favorite, brown leather slipper chair with its high back and sturdy, chocolate stained legs and staring. I stare out at the buildings taller than mine, at the construction across the way, at the canvas of clouds that sit as the background for the skyline of San Francisco, cognac colored brush strokes painting the dusk along the horizon. I marvel at the stillness and inactivity down at the docks as the cranes stand there majestically as if guarding the Bay, posturing to scare off intruders advancing from far off lands.

What to do? What to do? How bout I do nothing? At least for now anyway. I'll enjoy the silence of the night. Yeah, she's back again. Well, it'll be silent for a minute anyway. I think my nocturnal neighbors are coming to life, making Jack London proud, calls of the wild from up the street to down the street. It's not raining yet. I already worked out. It's a good day, now that its over. The workday is over anyway. I know one thing for sure, i better scare up some dinner pretty soon or my creative side will get a kick in its pants by a leg and a boot. At least the so-called anxiety is gone...for now anyway. There's something about having success at the last thing that you do that makes everything ok. It's like missing all of your shots all game and making the last one, that puts your team ahead to stay. It's like the restful and peaceful finality of sleep at the end of such a day. If nothing else, that is still pure.

I'm not even going to think about a to-do list for next week yet. I'm just going to enjoy right now. The here and now, right now. That's what I'm going to do. I've only got one game to go to tomorrow as one of my little round-ballers is out of commission for a month with a fractured ankle. I already got my church suit from the cleaners so I'm all set on that front. There's gas in the whip and my laundry is done. With any luck, I'll stay out of any heated discussions. Well, maybe that's not so bad. As long as the heat has a positivity and maybe even an enlightenment to it. No complaining or gossiping please. Okay, that's it for me, let's get on to February 23. Until tomorrow, signing off for all of the Aquarius' around the world. Bring on the Pisces.

No comments: