Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Still...

I'm still holdin' it down for the melanin militia out here in the "I". I'm pretty confident that I'm not going to see any other members of the crew. I'm in for the night so there's only one more chance for me to see someone, and that's at 7am for my flight back to what is going to feel like the Chocolate City. I agreed to go to the barbeque spot recommended by my boss in hopes that not only would the ribs be good, but that I also might run into somebody that looks like me. Well, at least the ribs were pretty good. When we were walking out, I heard a car with lotsa bass playing some rap song loudly so I looked around thinking that this might finally be the moment. When I located the car, it was full of hoodied up, teenaged...white kids.

I saw two incredible things on TV today from my Fairfield Inn here by the airport in Boise. First it was yet another sad case of overbearing sports parents trying their best to ruin a child's game. I learned from ESPN that 9-year-old Jericho Scott of New Haven, CT is essentially being banned from pitching on his little league team of 8-10 year olds because he is too good. Yes, I know...RIDICULOUS! An opposing team apparently pulled its players off the field and forfeited when he took the mound. The poor kid feels bad because he feels like he's messing it up for everybody. The adults involved ought to be absolutely ashamed of themselves for tampering with these kids ability to have fun playing a game, and also for not being able to solve their grown up quarrels without involving some little league kids.

The next thing that TV brought me this evening was some sista that CNN dug up following the Hillary speech. Crying hysterically and wearing her Hillary shirt, she pledged her allegiance to Senator Clinton and said that Hillary just gave a presidential speech and should be the next president. All I could do was shake my head. Once again, they've located one of us looking as ridiculous as possible and will probably loop this clip over and over again and turn it into some egregious blanket statement like "Hillary has the black vote". I've been channel surfing since they left this but have been unable to see it again or anyone's commentary on it. Somehow, I know that this won't be the last time I see it. Hannity and Combs will surely have two cents to put in about it. I'm mad that I even mentioned those clowns here, but it's just the kind of nonsense that they usually cling to on their silly little show.

2 comments:

Niques Smile said...

Hmm . . .Strange to hear that you did not run across ONE. Everyone I've met from Idaho tells fabulous tales about their best "black" friend. Sounds to me like they all must be sharing the one. . .

D said...

They must share the same one, and homey was outta town.