Friday, August 8, 2008

Late Freight

It seems that no matter what I do, I am keeping strange hours these days. Nearly all day, I have been sitting at this desk looking over at my wonderfully comfortable and luxurious bed, looking forward to the moment when I can retire to it and sink into its plush pillow top, and submerge into the friendly confines of dreamland. My customers have kept me from enjoying any free time as their issues continued to mount. They'll be waiting for me again in a few hours, so I'm writing my daily entry right now in hopes that I'll be firmly within the clutches of a deep sleep at this time tomorrow. Hopefully, I will have been asleep for many hours by this time tomorrow.

I could barely tear myself away to eat let alone do the dishes or finish my laundry as my customers seemed to be getting stuck on the most elementary of functions all day long. We made some significant progress late in the day, but we are still scheduled to reconvene in the morning to tie up loose ends. I hope that is all that we are doing. I really would like some time in the afternoon to pursue something other than one of their issues. In addition to the other work related items on my to-do list, I would surely like the time to exercise my creative side and finish my weekly submission to Urban Thought Collective blog. I'll also have get creative with a meal because my kids will be showing up hungry tomorrow evening and the back of my refrigerator is indeed in plain view right now. I think I have enough ingredients to make them some spaghetti or some chicken. It will be one of those weekends-on-a-budget that we so often enjoy. Second Sundays at the Museum, here we come!

The Olympics start tomorrow as well. Sure, it's just the opening ceremonies and I'm never terribly excited about those, but I'd love to be relaxing and getting into the spirit of the games even if its just for background noise. Well, that's enough of my musings for this late hour. With any luck I'll sneak in another workout at the gym in a few hours before I get bogged down with work again. Wish me luck.

No comments: