Tuesday, March 25, 2008

writer's block?

What's there to write about today? I don't know. I was in the office for the second day in a row and I spent more money on lunch that I don't have. I'm tired because I didn't get enough sleep last night and yet still saw it necessary to rise at 519am this morning to go to the gym. That was the highlight of the day though. My jump shot was kind of smooth like silk and my body didn't ache like that of a 73-year-old ex-wrestler.

I did see a movie, but not an adult one though. Wait, not that I watch adult movies. I mean, not THOSE kind of adult movies. How about this...non-animated features in which there are no talking animals or large headed kids that build incredible robotic gadgets or turn into Sharkboys and Lava Girls? THAT kind of adult movie. A non-kid movie..how's that?

So you saw a non-kid movie tonight?

No. I saw Horton Hears a Who, the Dr. Seuss classic. It's not that I wasn't looking forward to this one, but I'm just saying. The distinction needed to be made. No Country for Old Men, There will Be Blood, Juno and (sigh) the Great Debaters have not been seen by this Dad yet. But Horton was pretty good as far as kid movies go. My kids absolutely loved it. But then again, they like everything. It's hard to mess up a Dr. Seuss movie though. It's not quite as fun without all the silly rhyming that the books have, but it's still enjoyable.

I'll see a real movie soon. Really I will. I'm just glad that a good kid movie came along on my watch. It sucks when their mother gets the good movie and I'm stuck seeing The Santa Clause 3 or something absolutely horrible like that. At least I can doze off if it gets real bad. When my kids were really young, I had to stay awake because with my son's attention span he was likely to start wandering off down the row and getting into trouble.

Okay, that's enough for this entry. You can see that I have nothing to say today. Nothing terribly compelling anyway. I came up with the title while staring at the screen and reminding myself that it was time to write, and twenty minutes later I was still staring at the screen well aware that it was time to write but that nothing had yet been written. Oh well. Perhaps tomorrow will bring on a flood of creativity.

No comments: