Sunday, December 23, 2007

Last Minute

You're checking your list and checking it twice. You're pretty sure you've got a handle on who's been naughty or nice, or at least who's on your radar whatsoever, or , in my case, who you can afford to consider. Believe me...I love you all, but the ends are seeming like they're going to fail to meet this month. So, if your gift doesn't arrive, you can blame the post office if you want to, but you'd probably be more accurate in directing your ire at my Bank of America who takes all my money behind some racket called a mortgage.

My last minute shopping amounted to getting a Starbucks gift card in the grocery store checkout line. Is this great or WHAT!?? I didn't even have to go to Starbucks to knock this one out. I was already at the store and the gift cards were just right there. I got to park in the store's expansive parking lot instead of driving around the block several times hoping that some leg crossing, laptop lugging, latte sipping lothario will zip up his North Face vest, put one earth-toned Skecher in front of the other and head to his Prius, freeing up a spot for me. I'm DONE! There will be no running through the aisles at Kmart or Wal-Mart late on Christmas Eve in search of some nothing gift that will merely serve the purpose of appeasing the recipients score-keeping, as they offer up the obligatory thank you, you shouldn't have and toss it aside with the other random knick-knacks they've acquired.

No parking lots, no traffic, no hastily wrapped oddly shaped trinkets acquired at the eleventh hour. I love it. Too bad I get nauseous when I get anywhere near a mall. I probably could've come up with some incredibly entertaining material just by grabbing a seat and watching all of the shoppers zip around from store to store. Oh, the ear hustling I could've done.

No comments: