Thursday, November 1, 2007

Where everybody knows your name...

...Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

You know these lyrics. These came to mind tonight as I was at our church's revival. Dr. Leslie Braxton of the New Beginnings Church in Renton, Washington was "on point" with his sermon on this night, just as he had been all week as our featured revivalist. I can't explain what made me think of Sam Malone and Diane, and Woody and the rest of the Cheers gang as I was leaving the sanctuary, but I can tell you that I was feeling good. I wanted to call some friends and just chat and just make sure that everybody was doing okay. I returned some calls that I had no intention of returning until the next afternoon. Perhaps it was that line about them being "always glad you came", because there was a certain warmth that exuded from everybody that was present tonight that made me realize how much I enjoy coming here to get the Word and to praise Him. God is sooo good.

No comments: