Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Uninspired

Gardner Webb (Who?) beat Kentucky at Rupp Arena tonight. (yawn). The CMA's were on tonight. Yes, that's the Country Music Awards. No, I didn't watch. I wouldn't know George Strait from George of the Jungle.

The world just kind of passed me by today. I can't recall anything interesting happening around me. Was I the invisible man again? No, I was that the other day. Should I have worn green so that I could've been the envy of all that encountered me? Wearing the Burger King mask that I donned at the masquerade party may have made things interesting. No, that wouldn't have made the difference. I like to be the observer not the observed. It was like the TV was on, but the rabbit ears weren't up.

Could this be the onset of, dare I say...no, I can't say it, but it rhymes with fighters socks. I'm not going to worry about it if you won't. I'm entitled to being far short of spectacular once in a while. I'm feeling idiomatically insufficient today. My metaphors have gone missing in action. I'm struggling mightily here. Hopefully, the real Destah will return tomorow to spin a tale of intrigue or international hijinks.

Well, it's time to put this one out of its misery. There's nothing in the tank. Start the standing 8 count right now.

No comments: