Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tired

I'm so tired that I might fall asleep right here on my couch with all my clothes on, and not care. I lack the desire to get up and brush my teeth or even turn the television or any lights off. I hope the door is locked. I'm so tired that it's a wonder that I'm typing anything at all here right now. I could very well be sleeping with my eyes open. My fingers are typing on auto-pilot as the mindless dribble being spouted out on Sportscenter provides a low murmur in the background.

I can only hope that I will sleep like a corpse and not wake up a moment before completing 7 or 8 hours of sleep. Too bad that rain that they promised hasn't started falling yet. I always sleep a little better while it rains through the night. There's something about raindrops rapping against the window that manages to sooth and relax and make you sleep a little bit longer. I'm dozing off now. Maybe I will actually brush my teeth and head to my bed.

Alas, the band of merry men that carry on beneath my window nightly have started in on their first act. Perhaps the streetsweeper will come by and provide the rhythm section for this ensemble. Okay, that's it. I'm being seduced into watching the eyelid channel. Goodnight, Canada.

No comments: