Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nothing kills a good workout like...

It was as if time had stood still. No, I wasn't 19 again, but I felt like I was 35. Yes, I am aware of how peculiar this sounds, but if you had been me for the past year or so and felt the nagging aches and pains that go along with being a young man in a very old man's body, you'd understand. That's not to suggest that I was a picture of health at 35, but rather that at 35, I wasn't wondering if I would be able to play again like I was for most of 36.

Today was the first day that I can remember feeling this good at the gym. Sure, my shoulder has been bothering me a bit, but that's something that I classify as relatively minor since it has yet to be sliced open on somebody's operating table which is more than my left knee or left hand can say. My knee surgery this past September was indeed much more major that I had expected and there were (are) times that I wondered if I would ever be able to return to the strenuous activities that I so enjoy. The mandatory stretching regimen that I have built into the beginning and end of all of my workouts

No comments: