Wednesday, September 24, 2008

SO so motivated...

You ever have one of those days where you really don't feel like doing too much? Too much is actually not a fair assessment at all. It would be more accurate to say that you don't feel like doing anything. Breathing seems to be an arduous task. If i could just fall asleep and wake up sometime during the Obama administration with a good knee and a resting heartrate back in the 40s, I'll be good.

Once again, I woke up this morning to the sound of jackhammers, trucks revving their engines loudly and then backing up while playing the accompanying "beep.....beep.....beep." I tried to ignore it for at least an hour. I tried to roll over to the other side of the bed away from the window. Next I opted for the old head under the pillow trick but that didn't work either. This was worse than about 2 hours earlier when I had finally found that perfect position. Perfectly odd position that is more like it. I had my right leg over the left side of the bed while the whole left side of my body was lying like I was on my back. My right arm was fully extended over to the top right corner of the bed as if it had a nail through it and my left arm was bent over head. I don't know how I ended up like this, but it was apparently the single posture that did not aggravate the sciatic nerve in my lower back to keep me awake. But then I had to go to the bathroom. I cursed my bladder for what seemed like hours, but was probably only 30 or 40 minutes. Before I finally succumbed, I made a mental note of said position so that I could recreate the abstact body-art pose again and falling fast asleep again. Of course it didn't work out like that. Somehow I fell asleep again, but it seemed to be all too short.

I had the remote control in hand for about 10 minutes when I decided that sleep was no longer in my cards and that perhaps I should watch TV. It was almost 9, so Regis and Kelly should be on. I didn't feel like watching them though. My computer was in the other room, but I didn't feel like hobbling over to get it. Everything is such a chore. I finally did get up and get it, but I didn't even feel like checking email or reading anything that the internet had to offer. Pain would zap all of my creative thoughts for the day and apathy would prevent me from doing much work. Food is always good in these instances. I opted to pick up something when my I went to get my daughter from school. I didn't even feel up to making a peanut butter sandwich.

No comments: