Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Limited Access

I'm going crazy over here with the on-again-off-again nature of my internet connection today. All day while I was working I had to deal with the frustration of losing my connection for no good reason, usually when I desperately needed to look something up to assist my client. Even this evening after the workday was essentially over, I found myself growing frustrated by the intermittent nature of my ability to browse the web. I wanted to see what tomorrow's weather was going to be and suddenly I couldn't reach weather.com. I can still send instant messages and my music is streaming so I must be connected. I click a link on a web page that I already have open and it goes nowhere. I try to open a new browser and allow it to open up the Google homepage, but that gives me the ol' "Not Found". Now I'm getting upset. What started out as a simple inquiry about tomorrow's weather has turned into a quest to find one webpage, ANY web page that will allow me connect to it.

And what are these warnings about Threats and executable files? Is my virus detector doing its job or creating problems. Maybe the ignorance of not knowing that any problems were present truly was bliss. Since this AVG virus guard was installed I seem to be seeing more and more strange behavior. However, maybe the problem has been there for quite awhile and this virus guard is just helping me to identify it. I hope I catch it in time because I'm getting tired of whatever it is forcing me to restart my computer after a time to reset the connection. It feels like the internet industry has been set back 10 years as my web pages are coming up with the blinding speed of a dial-up connection on a commodore 64. That is, of course, if the web pages come up at all. Why hasn't my music stopped? Why can these people keep sending me instant messages? How frustrated am I right now?

No comments: